My take on a colonial cord making technique. It's tricky to learn, but once you've got it this one's addictive. The students also learned to cut out their own gigs from cardboard so they could keep working at home.
This is a group collage project we did together over the course of several weeks, scouring magazines for clippings, and enduring endless glue-sticking. But really, it was a lot of fun, and I'm so proud of all the work everyone put in to make this piece come together!
In the Spring our garden club needed plot markers, so I whipped up some cement mix and we went to work on these colorful tiles. We used foil pie tins to form the tiles, and pressed flat glass marbles into the top to decorate them.